Nothing can fill your need for speed in this society better than what we have chosen as our ten hottest luxury cars for Fall. Join us as we zoom, zoom, zoom with some of the most luxurious – and fun – wheels on the road today.
By Danielle Kaplan
Photography by Various Automotive Vendors
1. BMW 760Li –$136,600 – BMW of Austin / 7011 McNeil Drive / bmwofaustin.com / 512.343.3500
The current BMW series is a line of full-size luxury vehicles that introduced the ZF 8-speed automatic transmission. With state-of-the art technology, efficient performance and extreme comfort, the BMW is offered in ActiveHybrid and bulletproof options. Enjoy its agile handling and plush interior to balance comfort with an attractive driving experience.
2. Bentley Continental GTC — $212,800 – John Eagle European / 12989 Research Boulevard / johneagleeuropean.com / 512.401.BOND
The new four-seater luxury convertible features a spacious cabin, leather hides, wood veneers, and cool-touch metals combined with one of the most advanced in-care infotainment systems available, Sumptuous hand-crafted materials and the highest levels of attention to detail combine effortlessly to make the new Bentley Continental GTC a contemporary and sculpted supercar with the prestige feel and authentic quality of a true coachbuilt convertible.
3. Rolls-Royce Ghost — $246,500 – John Eagle European / 12989 Research Boulevard / johneagleeuropean.com / 512.401.BOND
Engineered to ride and drive in peerless fashion, Ghost’s chassis’ poise delivers a dynamically engaging experience for the driver, yet a serene, comfortable ride for passengers surrounded by an elegant, contemporary interior with large expanses of soft, full-grain leather, natural-wood veneers and Blenheim wool carpets. Hand-built to order, Ghost embodies 21st-century Rolls-Royce: more than 100 years of excellence expressed in modern and uncompromising style.
4. Cadillac CTS Coupe — $38,990 – Ken Batchelor Cadillac / 11001 IH-10 / 888.805.5566 / Cavendar Cadillac / 801 Broadway Street / 210.226.7221 / mysanantoniocadillacdealers.com
This new luxury sports coupe is Cadillac’s most dramatic expression of Art & Science. The interior of the CTS emphasizes technical precision with elegant, hand-crafted details complete with an integrated center stack design and the hand-assembled center console. The powertrain’s performance is channeled through a chassis that delivers sports car performance without punishment.
5. Lexus LFA — $375,000 – Lexus of Austin / 9910 Stonelake Boulevard / lexusofaustin.com / 512.343.3400
Nothing proclaims luxury more than the ability to be one of 500 people to own the limited produced, first Lexus supercar. With a 552-hp V-10 engine, a digital instrument panel and the lightweight design, the sky’s the limit with this exotic model, especially after NASCAR driver Kyle Busch was ticketed driving at more than 100 mph around North Carolina.
6. Audi A7 — $59,300 — Cavender Audi / 15447 IH-10 West / cavenderaudi.com / 210.681.3399
Take a drive in the proclaimed sexiest car of the year. Described as sleek, satisfying, stylish and obviously sexy, this car takes technology (and driving) to a whole different level with its versatility and practicality as the most attractive hatchback on the market. With length, width and low height in perfect proportion with smooth and clean lines, this car oozes opulence and chic.
7. Porsche Panamera Turbo S — $174,175 – Roger Beasley Porsche / 200 E. Huntland Drive / porscheaustin.com / 512.371.1155
Excitement and high performance are the key selling points to this full-size five-door, four-seat luxury sedan with a crucial “go-fast” formula. By delivering the best features of a sports car and a sedan with comfy rear-seat room, hatchback design and the ability to create cargo capacity like an SUV, the Panamera was named the second Super Luxury Cars specifically for its first-class interior and superior athletic performance.
8. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG — $189,600 – Mercedes-Benz of San Antonio / 9600 San Pedro Avenue / mbofsa.com / 210.366.9600
You may have seen this bad-boy speeding around Gran Turismo 5 or as the safety car for the current Formula One Sessions; after all, it is a luxury grand tourer automobile that succeeded the SLR McLaren. With four different versions of the car, the car will be seen on the racetrack or as an all-electric powertrain complete with a glimpse of the past of the Gullwing coupe of the 1960’s.
9. Fisker Karma — $100,000 – Roger Beasley Porsche Fisker / 200 E. Huntland Drive / porscheaustin.com / 512.371.1155
Sexy meet sustainability, sustainability meet Karma. The stunning car is a plug-in-hybrid concept with an interior that is eco-friendly and chic. With aluminum skin, a solar-cell roof, a composite decklid and plastic bumpers, green has never looked better. Ease yourself on the guilt and get a striking, luxurious machine.
With excellent driving dynamics and performance, electric cars have never looked so lush.
10. Ferrari 458 Italia — $260,000 – Barrett Motor Cars / 15423 W. I-10 / barrettmotorcars.com / 210.341.2800, Ferrari of Austin / 4108 North Lamar Boulevard / 512.380.0231
With the ability to go 0 to 60 in under 3.4 seconds, the Italia was named Motor Trend’s Best Driver’s Car of 2011. While the car boasts an impress power-to-weight ratio, the killer engine is what makes the car superior. Don’t let the beautiful, red Ferrari pass you by as you speed into next year’s exciting adventures.