By Lance Avery Morgan
It’s that time again: the TEXSOM conference and the Texas’ Best Sommelier Competition in Dallas. The 8th Annual TEXSOM Conference promises to be THE place to be for those busy wine sommelier professionals. It will include:
- The Saturday Pre-conference Boot Camp has returned with a Tasting Track and Social Media Track.
- Ten educational and innovative seminars led by the best-of-the-best in the industry, ranging from the Texas Terroir to the Niagara Peninsula, not to mention Beer Styles for Somms!
- Tasting Breaks between seminars and the savory Four Seasons lunch brought to you by Vibrant Rioja and the collaboration of Williams Selyem and Arista Winery.
- The Grand Tasting & Texas’ Best Sommelier Awards Reception with over 35 wineries.
- Two nights of Hospitality Suites hosted by Treasury Wine Estates, The Washington Wine Commission, Cape Classics, Classified Wine, Banfi Vintners & Excelsior Wine Co., Dallas Morning News – TEXSOM Wine Competition, Gerard Bertrand & Domaine Select and Negociants & Renaissance Wine Marketing.
It’s a great excuse to get-away to the Four Seasons Resort and Club in Las Colinas this summer, with a very special rate of $140.00 per night for TEXSOM attendees. So, what are you waiting for?
The Conference promises three days and nights of education, wine, camaraderie and a lot of Campari! Sommeliers, you’ll note the deadline for applications is June 1st. Registration and accommodations details on their website, http://www.texsom.com