BY LANCE AVERY MORGAN
Move over, Skinny Girls. There’s a new game in town in the Capital City and beyond. Enter: a new, low-calorie, ready-to-serve cocktail line, AustinCocktails, that has just launched in Austin at a number of area Twin Liquor stores. Before its launch in Austin, it turns out Austin Cocktails was released in San Francisco and has been the drink of choice at a number of high-profile events such as the Napa Valley Film Festival and a donor dinner for the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
Plus, it is a family affair. The founders, Jill Burns and Kelly Gasink, are sisters (and Texas natives), and they united their different skill sets and expertise to create a cocktail line in ready-to-serve category. They both come from successful entrepreneurial backgrounds, so they are applying that to the new brand.
The drinks come in four flavors and are a low-calorie alternative to light beer or wine; and they differentiate themselves from others in the ready-to-serve cocktail category with their craftsmanship, taste and high-quality ingredients. So, essentially, when a cocktail is poured, the recipient knows exactly what he/she is drinking, which takes the guesswork out of calorie counting and alcohol content.
How did all this happen? The sisters spent two years fine-tuning the right ingredients for their drinks. They tried hundreds of them from all over the world; and they deliver the experience of crafted cocktails and the freshness of a farmers market within a bottle, while eliminating refined sugars and non-natural substitutes from the recipes.
• Four varieties – Cucumber Vodka Mojito, Paradise Found, Tea Twister and Vodkarita
• The cost is $14.99 for a wine-sized bottle that includes over six cocktails, with less than 100 calories in each serving
• They are only available in California (San Francisco and the Bay Area) and Texas (mostly Austin, one store in San Antonio and one in College Station)
• Locally, they are available at three Austin-area Twin Liquors stores: Hancock Center (41st Street), Hill Country Galleria (Bee Caves Road), and Four Points Center (620 and FM 2222).
• The beverages feature six-times distilled premium vodka, fresh herbs and all natural fruit juices and organic agave nectar
• The tasted of the light, intricate drinks that are well balanced and made up of ingredients sourced from all over the world.
So, pull up a glass and enjoy AustinCocktails soon. For more info, visit http://www.austincocktails.com