As winter fades away, the search for perfect entertaining selections continues. According to our resident cuisine expert Josie Rees, these will do perfectly to serve all your guests.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 cups water
- Strawberry puree
- 7-Up, Sprite, Ginger Ale
- Boil one cup water and dissolve one cup sugar to make a simple syrup. Cool.
- Juice 7 – 9 lemons to yield one cup of lemon juice. Mix the simple syrup and lemon juice in a large pitcher. Add the water to dilute to your desired tartness.
- Rim the edges of the glasses with sugar.
- Add one tablespoon of strawberry puree into glasses and pour the lemonade over it. Top off with a splash of soda. I also added some frozen strawberries to keep it cool!
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and strawberry and add a liquor like vodka and gin, if desired.
- Tortilla chips
- BBQ pulled pork
- Shredded sharp, cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses
- Canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Diced avocado
- Pico de gallo
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Layer tortilla chips on a sheet pan.
- Add desired amounts of pork, cheese and black beans.
- Heat for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is fully melted. T
- Top with cilantro, radishes, avocado and pico de gallo as desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.